Monday, June 8, 2009

Manda Panda


I just wanted to let my only big sister how much I love her. Mandi is truly an inspiration to all of our family. She suffers from Rheumatoid Arthritis. As a result, she is constantly in pain, and her immune system is so weak that she can't fight off regular sicknesses like the rest of us. Even though she is sick a lot of the time, and she hurts most the time, her spirits are almost always high. Mandi is optimistic and so so kind. She literally couldn't hurt a fly. I am a demanding and outspoken girl. My big sister is complete opposite. She is easy going and happy to just be a part of everything.
Growing up, Mandi was a great example to me. She was always obedient; I mean she never did anything against my parent's will. She took such good care of Derek, Lexsie, and me. When our parents got divorced, Mandi did such a good job of being there for the three of us when we needed a big sister.
She always had the most beautiful long brown hair that I was so jealous of! Her eyes are so blue, and when she is sick, they go even bluer!! She ran cross-country and was on the Seminary Council. She had flawless grades even in her AP classes.
Mandi loves to help people. She is always a shoulder to cry on or someone to vent to. You can always count on her to go to a midnight showing of a new movie or have a night of "death by carbs" if the occasion calls for it.
I love Josh, Trystan, and Gavin. They are such a perfect addition to our family. Josh is an incredible husband and father, and I am so grateful Mandi found him before anyone else did, although we all know he wouldn't be happy with anyone other than Amanda. The little boys are the most loved sons and grandsons ever. I know our parents are so happy Mandi could give them two beautiful grandbabies.
I hope that I can be half of the mom and wife Mandi is. I hope that I can learn to have her patience and show her compassion and kindness. I hope that I can be a good big sister like she has been and continues to be. I love you Mandi. Thank you for being my sister and friend.

5 comments:

Ben and Camille said...

way cute post. what an awesome sister. both of you:)

Chelsie said...

what a sweet post. your sister sounds amazing! i love your happiness wall and all your new finds!!! your house is gorgeous!

curtandheather said...

Sounds like an awesome sister and fun birhtday events and what a cute house!! You are so great. Miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Ins't it funny that we always want what we can't have? I always wanted blonde hair and big hazel eyes. I wanted to make people laugh and be funny and charmming. I wanted to be able to play the piano and have my soul heard. I wanted to live life and question everything. I was too timid and cowardly to try so many new things. I wanted to always look cute and always look amazing. To have such a great body. It seemed so unfair that she got so much of what I wanted. She is the strongest most loyal person I know. She can stand up to anyone or everyone if need be. She knows what she wants and she goes for it. She can do anything. I admire her so much, long for her looks, and wish I had even a tenth of her strength...if I did maybe I would not be sick now. Cassie is one of the best people I know. She is strong and beautiful and kind and hardworking. I love her so much...

Rachel said...

love the updates cass. what a special post you did about amanda. you really are the best. always so thoughtful.