Friday, January 9, 2009

REFINANCE!

I'm totally and completely excited. Preston and I have a wonderful Mortgage Agent from Bank of Utah. He helped us get our first loan and he recently helped us refinance. I cut his hair every three weeks, so I am able to keep in touch with him. He watched and watched for the opportunity for us to refinance and it came! We originally locked in at 7%. That's pretty high. However, the market hadn't crashed yet, and we didn't have a credit score because we hadn't ever had any debt. Unfortunatley, no credit is almost worst than bad credit. We had to lock in at a higher rate, plus we had to have mortgage insurance. Money has been tight, so we were ready for a break somewhere. Then, our prayers were answered! We are locked in at a 4.87% rate now, and I couldn't be happier! I am so grateful for Mike Medsker at the Bank of Utah and all of his help! Now we will save $200 each month! That's a lot of money for us! Wahoo! I would reccomend Mike to anyone who is looking to buy a house or to refinance!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

wow...that you really is something to be excited about. way to jump on that.

Chelsie said...

Hey! i'm so excited for these updates, so you can take my name off your email blast. :-) ny looks like it was amazing! i didn't go across the brooklyn bridge when i went there and didn't spend much time in central park, and it looks like i missed out! the pics are gorgeous. i'm glad you guys had a good time. it was good to see you the other day!

Unknown said...

HI Cous :) Call me when you have a free minute and i will tell you all about the coupons. I get 4 sunday papers ever week so that i get for of every coupon and then you combine that with the killer deals at the grocery stores and it is crazy what you save on. Call me I will explain